Can you imagine being 18 and on your own?
That’s what many teens in our state face as they age out of foster care.
More than 40% of them will become homeless within a year. Fifty-one percent won’t be able to find and keep a job. Fifty percent will fall prey to substance abuse issues.
You can help these youth have a shot at a successful transition to adulthood and it won’t cost you anything!
Georgia gives you the option of directing some of your taxes to help youth aging out of foster care – you can essentially tell the state that you want your taxes to help kids aging out of foster care – young people who need some support to become productive, contributing citizens.
Christian City will apply for some of these funds from the state to help run its Thrive Transitional Living Program.
Please consider directing some of your taxes to help Christian City prevent homelessness and poverty for youth on their own as they enter adulthood.
Tax Credit Limits
– Single individual or a head of household: Up to $2,500
– Married couple filing a joint return: Up to $5,000
– LLC, S Corporation or Partnership: Up to $5,000
– Corporations / Others: Up to 10 percent of tax liability
Please refer to Georgia House Bill 424, known as the “Fostering Success Act,” for more details. For financial advice about tax deductions, please consult a qualified professional advisor.
How It Works
1. Apply Online
– Log in or create an account at the Georgia Tax Center website.
– Select Christian City as the Qualified Foster Child Support Organization (QFCSO).
– Once notified of approval, you will have 60 days to make your donation directly to Christian City.
2. Donate To Christian City
– You can tap or click here to donate online with your debit or credit card.
– You can learn more about alternative ways to donate by clicking or tapping here.
3. Receive Confirmation
– Christian City will send you a Qualified Foster Child Donation Credit Letter of Confirmation form (Georgia Form IT-QFCD-FUND1) via email.
– Update the secure form with your information (name of taxpayer or entity, address, taxpayer identification number, date of contribution, amount of contribution, pre-approved amount of credit), and return it to us.
– Christian City staff will sign the form and return it to you for your tax records.