How to know when it’s time for your loved one to move to Assisted Living
You may be thinking that your loved one is no longer safe and healthy living at home. But, how do you know when it’s the right time to make the move to assisted living? To help determine whether your loved one is ready for assisted living, start by answering these questions:
- Is he/she forgetting to take medications? Or taking medications in the wrong way?
- Is your loved one sleeping more than usual or showing signs of loneliness, inactivity or depression?
- Does his/her home appear cluttered or unclean?
- Is driving safety a concern?
- Does he/she eat healthy meals or mostly junk food?
- Has he/she missed doctor’s appointments or not followed the doctor’s orders?
- In the event of a fall or other emergency, are you concerned about whether your loved one would be able to get help quickly?
- Does he/she have difficulty climbing stairs, doing laundry, accessing kitchen countertops and cabinets, or using bathroom fixtures?
- Is your family concerned about your loved one’s overall well-being?
- He/she asks me for help when I’m needed.
If your answer was “yes” to several of the above questions, the time is right to learn more about options for your loved one that will focus on maximizing their independence, safety, and health.
To learn more about Christian City’s Assisted Living facility or schedule a tour,
please call 770-964-3301.