The Children’s Village at Christian City offers life services, and a safe haven for children in crisis, ages 5-17. Often, our children are victims of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment. Our commitment is to minister to the needs of the children and their families by bringing about a healthy reunification. In circumstances where reunification is not possible, our goal is to provide a safe and loving home environment where they can feel nurtured.
The Children’s Village is built on the Biblical foundation of family. Christian City Home for Children, Inc. supports this model of care with children and house parents living together as a family unit. Each child is given unique opportunities to develop as an individual and as an interdependent family member.
The child’s natural or biological family is vital to our family model of care. Both the child’s natural family and our staff work together as a team for the best interest of every child in our care. To preserve the family unit and prepare young adults for independent living, we offer each child the following services:
- Individual service plans which involve staff members, natural family members, the child, the house parents, mental health professions, educators and others.
- Life skills training and development
- Social and recreational activities
- Spiritual development through church attendance and activities
- Independent living skills
- Private school education at an off-site Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accredited K-12 school
- College and vocational training
- Educational assistance in specialized school programs for children with developmental delays and/or learning disabilities
- Family counseling services
- Contracted child psychological/psychiatric services
- Medical care
- On-site dental health care
- On-site Family Visitation Center available for families to spend quality time alone with their children, which may include an overnight visit.
- Additional services provided when necessary
List not all-inclusive.